Thursday, June 17, 2010

What A Weekend!


Wow, this weekend was packed with activities! To be honest as the days approached I was becoming a little a dreadful; worried that I wasn't going to survive everything that was planned. Here's a day by day breakdown of what happened.
Day 1 Thursday

Just got off work at 6 a.m.. I was able to grab about 4 hours of sleep, then I was off! Finally got a wax from my mom (just eyebrows), then treated myself to a spray tan. The spray tan lady's name was actually Ally and she had just found out she was pregnant that day, I thought that was a bit ironic. Not to mention a little awkward, as I could tell she was really examining my pregnant body, probably in terror of what she had to look forward to in the coming months. Next I met up with Raquel at my moms shop to get our hair done. It was much needed, I decided to get back to my roots as a blonde :). This was by far the most relaxing day. I consider it my "prep day".

Day 2 Friday

Today I needed to do some final preperations for Nicoles bridal shower on Saturday. Luckily I had most of it done, so this didn't take too long. The main thing that I had to do was go to friends rehearsal dinner. Oh ya, did I forget to mention I was in a wedding this weekend as well? The rehearsal dinner went great! Besides the fact that all my friends were able to loosen up with some alcohol and I was restricted to water and I was a little naughty with some Diet Coke, I actually had a really good time visiting with everyone. Thank god for the spray tan the day before!

Day 3 Saturday

This was the mother of all days. I decided to start this day off by treating myself to my first paid hair-do, which I got done my moms coworker. I wanted something nice that would last the entire day. I decided on a side braid, low pony tail. She did a great job, and it was nice to just sit back and let her fix me up. One thing I'm realizing is that getting ready now feels like a full work out for me, so I was exetremly appreciative of her doing my hair. After my hair, I went over to Nicole's and started setting up for the Bridal Shower. Of course it turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year! Thankfully, I had lots of help with the shower and it went off without a hitch. I really wanted to make it special for her since we won't be able to attend their wedding in early August. After the shower it was off to the wedding. I basically put the bridesmaids dress on and drove straight over to the wedding site. We did pictures, ceremony, reception, dinner and at around 11 p.m. the day was finally over. All in all it went really well. Just a few contractions, a couple dizzy spells, but nothing too serious. Ali and I were pretty much wiped out and ready for bed!


Day 4 Sunday

Today we had our baby shower! Joel really wanted to be involved in the shower so we decide on a couples shower. It was wonderful, we had all of our family and friends show up from all around (Seattle, Philadelphia, Oregon Coast, Idaho, Montana, etc.). We are extremly blessed to have all of these people wanting to be involved in Ali's life. It was truly one of the best days we have ever had. Thank you to everyone who came and everyone who made it possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment