Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RIP Sissy

Today has been a sad day. Early this morning my mom found our family dog (sissy) unable to move and barely able to breathe, she was taken to the vet and diagnosed with a massive stroke. She died shortly thereafter with my dad by her side. I know I am not only speaking for myself when I say today has been filled with a lot of tears. It's crazy how an animal can become so much like a family member. She was the best dog...full of life, energetic, sweet, happy, would never hurt a soul. I think what makes me most sad is that unlike people, pets are put here on earth for one purpose...for us to have a companion, and if you treat them right they will only show loyalty and love back to you. They are simple in their love and that is what makes them so special. Sissy will be missed...I like what my Aunt Sue said when she wrote " we can only hope that we can frolic till the end"...Sissy lived a happy life, last week when I saw her she was still that same puppy, it made us forget how old she really was. What better way to live...

No comments:

Post a Comment