In news about the pregnancy, I am now 26 weeks and 4 days. Ali kicks me daily and sometimes hard enough that I'm jolted. I've also seen her rotate and kick which is a trip because I feel like I can actually see her. It's amazing how little space is between her and this world. I'm starting to get some pretty bad back pain and it's difficult to get a good nights rest. Joel bought me a prenatal massage for Christmas and I was finally able to use it this weekend...I'm going to have to get another one soon! I am contemplating whether or not I should go see a chiropractor. Right now the best position for me is leaning over, it seems to take a lot of pressure off my lower back . I've also noticed that I'm starting to retain some fluid, mostly in my legs and it's the worse after working. I've got some varicose veins and will be buying myself some full length panty hose soon. My belly button is pretty flat and feels very weird, the skin in that area feels so thin it gives me the heeby geebies, Nicole gets grossed out by it too. No stretch marks yet! My Dr. says that my weight has been "accelerated" which is a nice way of saying that I've gained a lot of weight. The weight has actually been hard for me to deal with. At this point I've already gained 32 lbs. I will have a lot of hard work to do after she is born, but for now I'm just trying to exercise as much as possible and eat as healthy as I can. I've noticed that my face is much rounder than normal and Joel has been having nightmares that I am marshmallow woman :). All in all, so far my pregnancy has been uneventful and typical. Keep us in your prayers that it continues to stay that way.
I am getting so excited to finally meet Ali! I wrote her a letter and put it in her scrapbook that I just started making. I sealed the envelope so the next time that letter is touched again it will be by her reading it for herself...who knows when that will be, but hopefully we will know when the time is right :).
I can't believe I only have a couple more weeks until I'm in my third trimester, this has gone by soooo fast! I actually got a little panicky a few days ago, thinking "I'm not ready!", not only with having everything for her when she arrives but also just being a mom and being responsible for another persons life! I truly want the best for her and that includes me being the best possible mom, the responsibility is huge! By far the biggest responsibility I've taken on yet. I know I'll go to any lengths to make sure she is healthy and happy, but what all that entails...I have no idea! We will make it happen though :).
marshmellow?? very funny!
ReplyDelete