Sunday, July 25, 2010

11 Days Old!

Today is Ali's 11th day here on earth. I don't want to jinx it, but today has been great! Last night was my first night "on". Besides breastfeeding throughout the night, Joel has been staying up pretty much all night with her, changing diapers, walking with her, and playing with her. We are a little worried that we have a night owl on our hands but who can blame her, mom works nights...poor Joel. Last night I tried to not play with her and just feed and change her diapers, it seemed to help out a little. I actually did get a few hours of sleep. I also got the pleasure of witnessing her smile at me for the first time while she's awake. She is super strong and definitely a little gassy :). We pulled out her play pad and she just loves it! I would recommend that toy to anyone, it helps her work on all of her senses, reaching for objects, lifting her head, etc., it's a wonderful buy. She's the best and I'm finally getting that time with just her and I that I needed. She's starting to feel more and more like mine, however she's starting look more like her Dad. Joel and I are besides ourselves, we love being parents!

Unfortunately I didn't pass my "pee test", so I had to have my catheter put back in for five more days. Those 4 hours without it felt like freedom. It's crazy how much we take for granted the basic things in life. What I would give to just be able to go pee on my own! I'm getting tired of having a pee bag attached to my leg, especially in 100 + degree weather. Everything else is healing well...thank god. Some of the things I've had to go through with my recovery have honestly been worse than labor and delivery (at least I had an epidural). Like I've said many times over again, without Joel and my family by my side things would have been extremely difficult. I have I new found respect for all those single moms out there.

Well, Ali is just napping right now and I probably should be too.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl you have! She is just precious! I'm sorry about the catheter...no fun. I am so excited for you in this new part of your life. Enjoy your baby!

    ReplyDelete