Thursday, July 22, 2010

Introducing Ali Belle Evans


She's finally arrived! Ali Belle was born July 14th, 2010 at 4:24 a.m.. She weighed 8 lbs. 6.8 oz. and was 20 inches long...absolutely perfect! She's been here now for a week and I can't believe how fast that went! We are still getting used to her dark hair and complexion, it is not what I expected at all. I was almost 100% positive that she would be a blonde hair, fair skinned girl. When people see her with Joel and I, I know they are thinking "where did she come from?", I think it's kinda funny because nobody will say it but you can see the confusion on their faces. She had her first doctors appt. yesterday and the doc said she was perfect! She's already back to her birth weight and is in the 93rd percentile for weight. She loves to nurse and to snuggle. She's really good at both of them.
I am still on the mend. I was sent home with a catheter in place because I was unable to go pee on my own so my bladder filled up with 2400 ml of urine. I had a pretty bad laceration (3rd degree) and faced a couple problems during labor and delivery. But I think things are starting to look up. When I look at Ali Belle all those pains and problems seem to disappear, she is my natural pain killer. I can't imagine going through all this without Joel and my mom. It would have been impossible. Well, I will do my best to keep the updates coming. It is a little more difficult, especially since I now have something new to keep me occupied :).

No comments:

Post a Comment